Friday, January 6, 2017

Paradigm Shift

It was a pleasant sunny morning. I was on my way back from a client visit. It has been long since I traveled by Bus. So I took a bus ride to enjoy the beauty and serenity of the morning. The trip was good until I heard the loud voice from the back seat. The mother was yelling at the top of her voice. I turned my head to see what was going on?

I saw a boy of 7 years vomiting near the window seat. She scolded him asking why he did not inform her earlier? I was shocked to hear the words from the mother. I wondered, how would a child know when vomiting can come. 

As parents, we usually get paranoid on the situation sometimes and doesn't know how to handle. For a second, I put myself in the shoes of the mother and checked. I too have yelled at my child for various reasons on different occasions.  

That day was a learning experience for me.  I understand sometimes we end up in a dreadful situation. It can be related to our children.  As parents, if we take a minute and analyze, we would keep calm and deal the situation in a better way.  For our inability to handle certain things in life, we should not be blaming our children. That day was an eye-opener for me, hope it will bring a paradigm shift with all of us too. 


No comments:

Post a Comment