Tuesday, December 12, 2017

What is that noise?

Chennai and rains quite an oxymoron. One of the days from last week broke the stereotyped Chennai. The rain started to drizzle. A moment I was enjoying at 6 AM and I was flying like the passing clouds. A calling bell sound hindered my dream and annoyed my core. I was too lazy to go and open the door. I knew it is our driver. He is always asking for Diwali bonus by this unique way. So I send my husband to have a peek at the door. He was shocked to see our neighbor at the door. Sensing a foreigner,  he came inside to wear a shirt and again he ran back to attend him. We were clueless about the emergency situation. 

I was worried. What could be the reason was running in my mind?  My Neighbour said, "Sir, the rain started to drizzle, your clothes are outside. Go and take it quickly". I am glad that he said it, my husband ran quickly and got everything. Imagine, if I would have said the same, I don't know whether my husband will take immediate action. So I thanked my neighbor from the bottom of my heart. You must be wondering this is a simple act. Anyone will do. What is so great about this? I understand. Are you doing this to your neighbor? Let's stop at this point.

When I look back few years down the lane, my neighbor doesn't behave this way.  He was not a friendly person. He keeps to himself.  If we ask him anything he will answer, otherwise he doesn't bother anyone. An interesting story is behind my neighbor's transformation. Whenever there was rain during the evenings I rush to the common area to take our clothes. My younger son is 6 years old. He usually observes keenly and he comes and intimates me on the rain. His gesture always helped me a lot. Over a period of time, he started exhibiting the same to our neighbors too. As soon as the drizzle starts outside, he goes and knocks the door of my neighbor to inform the same. The early announcement helped them to save their clothes. Since he was continuously exhibiting the behavior every time, my neighbor also changed his thought process and he intimated me this time. It was a great transformation. I am astonished by my neighbor's behavior and action. After I took the dresses I came back home and thanked my little one for his kind act. 

He made me realize that It doesn't  matter whether your act is small or big, if it is good please continue doing the same. Please don't stop because someone is not reciprocating the same to you. Eventually, they will transform and that moment is not so far. We usually expect a lot from our close relationships. When the expectation doesn't match with the reality, we get disturbed so much. Then there is a break or a big hole in the relationship. Even though we say expectation ruin everything, we continue expecting for reciprocation in the first instance itself.  If I do something he should do the same back to me will not make a perfectly cordial relationship but it's like an ATM transaction.  Then we become machines, not human beings. 

No comments:

Post a Comment