Friday, November 11, 2016

Positive Ripples

   It was a wonderful Sunday morning. I was gearing up for my storytelling session in Anna Centenary Library near Kotturpuram. There were many children along with their parents eagerly waiting to listen to the stories.
We started our session on time. The stories were narrated in a timely manner and ended on time. The stories carried a message to keep trying until success.

After the session was over, there were two children who stood up and wanted to speak. First, it was amazing to see children willing to speak. I listened to the first child. She said, "Aunty, I was trying to make an Origami craft. Initially, it was very hard. I kept trying and finished it good".

The second boy stood up and spoke, "I did some project in chemistry, it was very tough in the beginning. I thought I will not be able to complete. But I tried hard, then I succeeded".

Another tiny little boy said, "It's hard for me to wake up in the morning. I think I will try next time". 

It was an extraordinary morning to hear those tiny voices speak above their level of maturity. Stories are a great way to help them visualize the positivity and I am happy that I was the instrument that day. It's great to see that the idea of spreading positive ripples through stories have started to begin. Let it rise and create more ripples and make the world a little more beautiful every day. 


No comments:

Post a Comment