Thursday, July 28, 2016

Maid turned Tailor

Few months back, my maid came to me and said, "I have been working as a house maid all these years. I am having a feeling to work from home. If I need to work from home, I could think of Tailoring as the best option. I want to go and get trained as a Tailor ". Immediately I said, "That is a good choice. You have been a wonderful maid for me. As you said, I can understand you can't do this for long. So go and get some training in Tailoring". Hearing that she was very happy. She was going training for few months doing part time house maid work as well.

After one of those days, she came and said, "Ma, I feel like buying a Tailoring Machine to learn and equip myself as a Tailor. If you can lend me some amount, I can buy the machine". I said OK and handed over the money. Within couple of days she bought the machine and started to do stitching at home. Even I started giving my clothes to do any alteration and she was doing good. 

Few days back, she came and said, "My training period is over and they are planning to send me to a big factory little far away to understand more nuances in Tailoring apart the basics. Can I quit the job and go for a month?". I said, "Fine, find out someone in place of you and leave". She felt excited and she is leaving soon. 

I realized, if I wouldn't have said "Yes" and if I didn't assist her with the money, eventually her interest would have withered and she would continue working as a maid. I am happy and glad that I could make a difference in someone's life. 

When you make someone happy and achieve their dream, eventually you will also be in the path of chasing your dream. Be the source of happiness for others wherever possible. 



No comments:

Post a Comment